Monday, October 17, 2011

October Training

Since Jen's decision mid-August to no longer continue campaigning the 470, things have been a bit tumultuous. I spent most of September searching for a new sailing partner and trying to figure out what to do. I am not that interested in campaigning for 2016, as I would like to continue to pursue my career in sciences; however 2012 is nearly upon us so finding someone suitable quickly would be difficult.

Since September 27th I have been back training out of Royal Victoria Yacht Club. I have been sailing with Hannah Meers, a young Laser Radial sailor from Strathmore, Alberta.We have spent the past two weeks training full time, which has been great! We have been doing fitness every morning and sailing every afternoon. It has been great to get back into things and have a steady routine. I love feeling constantly sore and full of endorphins! The sailing has been going really well, except for the general lack of wind.

We took this past weekend off to visit family and recuperate. This morning our coach Bunny Warren arrives. He will work with us for the next 10 days and offer some much needed guidance. At the end of our time with Bunny Hannah and I will evaluate if we want to continue and campaign for 2012 or if we think the timeline is too short.

I would like to thank everyone for their continued support of my sailing endeavors, and apologize for the delay in letting everyone know what is happening. Please check back regularly now for updates on our training with Bunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment